- About Us
- Industrial Field Services
- Contact Us
- Our Projects
The August Winter & Sons history began in Appleton in 1929. It was then that August, a pipefitter by trade, started the company with his two sons, Roy and Wally. The three confronted their shared dream with limited resources but also with limitless hope and firm convictions about the nature and importance of quality. In its earliest years, the company worked to position itself in the residential market, surviving the hardships and tensions brought first by the Great Depression and then by World War II.
When the war ended, August Winter & Sons responded with renewed drive and enthusiasm, constructing a new building in 1946. Not long after, the company repositioned itself in the marketplace when, in 1951, it accepted a contract for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning at a local school. The contract was pivotal, for it marked entrance to the commercial, institutional, and industrial markets that have been part of the company's journey ever since.
In 1999, August Winter & Sons expanded its dream again, opening a branch office in Wausau. Like their counterparts at the Appleton facility, the Wausau team provides reliable, high quality service in commercial, institutional, and industrial markets. Through the years, the August Winter & Sons, Inc. workforce has grown steadily and they have experienced very low turnover. The company attributes this good fortune to experienced and dedicated employees who, like the company's founders, consistently make quality their highest priority.