August Winter & Sons, Inc. has an position available for a CAD/BIM MEP Designer whose duties include 3D design of plumbing and HVAC systems in the construction of commercial and industrial facilities.
Create three-dimensional CAD models of piping, plumbing, and/or sheetmetal duct systems for the purpose of design, coordination (with structure/other systems), and fabrication (CAD/CAM). Utilize design criteria, appropriate codes, and company standards to ensure models meet project-specific deliverables. Works directly with design engineers to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images. Standardize and produce Virtual Design Coordination (VDC) documents including HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Piping disciplines to support design, fabrication, and construction.
- Two-year technical or associate’s degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Construction Technology, Mechanical Technology, or similar with knowledge of current CAD and BIM platforms.
- 2+ years of Mechanical Design experience preferred
- Experience in a M/E/P, Architectural (Mechanical/Plumbing) preferred.
- Set up Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP projects based on existing project templates.
- CAD and Revit drafting.
- Develop mechanical construction models in AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Ensure model meets expectations stated in the project BIM Execution Plan.
- Design drawings based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
- Work from both customer and firm drawings.
- Prepare plan sections, detail drawings, create spool sheets, bill of materials, hanger lists, Total Station files, etc.
- Perform file management functions such as posting models, downloading model updates, managing links, and historic versioning.
- Coordinate and detail 3D plumbing & HVAC systems.
- Attend coordination meetings, communicate with other trades, and create reports as required.
- Assist in clash detection of coordination models.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Provide technical support for existing projects and field service.
- Coordinate and prepare record as-built models and drawings.
- Understanding of basic drawing setup, modeling techniques, and general knowledge of drafting standards.
- Experience with CAD/CAM process, including sheetmetal duct downloads to automated duct fabrication facility and pipe spooling and mapping for pre-fabrication a plus.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Must have good follow-through and self-implemented quality control measures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Positive attitude and a sense of teamwork.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficient in BIM software (NavisWorks, Bluebeam, 360Glue, etc…).
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs.
- Proficient in electronic document exchange.
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- General knowledge of the construction process.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday